Notice of Eviction

Notice of Eviction

In the Central London County Court

Claim Number xxxxxx

Warrant Number xxxxxx

Date xxxxxxx



123 xxxxxxxx




The court had issued a warrant for the possession of the above property (land) at the request of


the claim. The warrant gives a county court bailiff the authority to evict you and hand over possession to the claimant. This notice tells you the time and date when the eviction will take place, what will happen on that date, and what you can do.

The eviction will take place on xxxxx

You should arrange to leave the property (land) with your belongings before this date and time.

What will happen

A procession warrant gives the bailiff authority to remove anyone still in the property (on the land) at the time the eviction is due to take place. A representative of the claimant will attend with the bailiff. That representative will change any locks, or take any steps necessary to prevent re-entry. If you have not removed all of your belongings when the eviction takes place, you will


only be allowed time to do so if the claimants representative agrees.

What you can do

you can get help and advice about the eviction, or about rehousing from an advice agency, a solicitor or your local Housing Department. Act immediately. In some circumstantially is, the court can decide to suspend the warrant and postpone the date for eviction. You should get advice now about whether the court may do so in your case or stop if it can, you must apply to the court setting out your grounds (reasons) for asking that it should.

It is not sufficient just to say that you have not been able to find somewhere else to live or stop if you wish to apply you should ask the court for Form N244 (Application Notice). Once you have filled in the form with your request and the grounds on which you are making it, you will be given an appointment to see a judge. The claimant will be sent a copy of your application. You will have to pay a fee unless you qualify for free exemption or remission. A member of the Court’s staff will be able to give you more details about this.

You must attend at the time and date given on the notice. The claimant, or the claimant’s representative, may also attend. If you do not go to the hearing, the judge may simply dismiss your application and you could incur additional costs.

If you can pay off any arrears, contact the claimant, or the claimant solicitor, immediately you get this notice. Any payments must be made to the claimant and not to the court. Make sure that you get a receipt for any payments you make. It will be the claimant to decide whether your payment is sufficient to stop the eviction. If it is, the claimant must let the court know before the eviction is due to take place.


You can contact the bailiff who will be responsible for the eviction by telephoning 02079175111 Monday to Friday between the hours of 0700 AM – 0900 AM.

The claimant (claimant’s solicitor) is ABC Solicitors